Red Velvet Cupcakes, or what is known as the mini version of the classic Red Velvet Cake, is becoming all the more popular in the baking world. In line with our “Red theme”, we highly recommend these wonderful Red Velvet cupcakes to enjoy together with a cuppa divine Red Cappuccino made from red espresso® capsules. This recipe is easy to make, super delicious and will only take you 40 minutes altogether.
To make the cupcakes, you will need:
- 2 + 1/2 cups of flour
- ½ a cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ a tsp. of salt
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of sour cream
- ½ a cup of milk
- 1 bottle Red Food Colour
- 2 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
Preparation of Red Velvet cupcakes:
- Firstly, preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Using a medium bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt together and set this aside.
- Then, beat the butter and granulated sugar in a larger bowl for 5 minutes (on medium speed) or until light and fluffy.
- Next, you want to beat in those eggs, one by one.
- Subsequently mix in the sour cream, milk, red food colouring and vanilla extract. Using the mixture you set aside before, then be sure to gradually beat this in (without overdoing it) with the egg mixture on a low speed or until just blended.
- You’re almost done at this stage!
- Finally, simply fill your chosen muffin cups up to 2/3 full. Shove them in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until you find that testing it with a toothpick indicates the desired texture. Just let the cupcakes cool for about 5 minutes before removing them from the pans to let them cool completely.
To make the frosting, you will need:
- 1 package of softened cream cheese
- ¼ cup of softened butter
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 box confectioners’ sugar
Preparation of frosting:
To make the frosting, simply beat cream cheese, butter, sour cream and vanilla in a large bowl until desired fluffiness is achieved. Then gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar until smooth. That’s it!