Just in time for Christmas. Be sure to dazzle your loved ones with this healthy beverage at your next festive celebration.
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 x cups of unsweetened almond milk (or other plant milk of your choice)
- 425g can of full-fat coconut milk
- 4 x red espresso® instant spiced chai latte sachets OR 4 x tablespoons of red espresso® instant spiced chai latte powder
- 57g hot water
- 6 - 7 medjool dates (pitted; pre-soak the dates)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Place a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the unsweetened almond milk and coconut milk. Bring to just a simmer, then remove from heat.
- In a mug, add the hot water to the instant spiced chai latte powder and mix into a paste
- Add the chai paste to the heated almond milk and coconut milk and stir well.
- Pour the chai milk mixture into a blender. Add 6 pre-soaked dates, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Blend until completely smooth, 1-2 minutes. Taste and add the remaining date if you'd like it a little sweeter.
- Pour into a container with an airtight lid and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- The nog will thicken as it cools.
- Stir before serving. Serve plain either warm or chilled (your preference)
- Sprinkle a little nutmeg over the top. Keeps refrigerated for 3-4 days.
Optional: with or without a splash of rum, or use as a coffee creamer (delicious)!