If you don’t believe in sacrificing quality for convenience then Nespresso pods and their compatible counterparts are perfect for you. Coffee Capsules Direct stocks and supplies the largest variety of coffee capsules online, satisfying South Africans with the perfect cup of coffee every time. Convenience is a capsule away, so keep reading to learn a little more about our Nespresso-compatible coffee pods and scoop some up for yourself!
Nespresso Pods: Instant Goodness Every Time
Mornings are a difficult time for many – most South Africans loathe the idea of sitting in traffic for hours before getting to work just to be able to drink what will most likely be a mediocre coffee at best. If this sounds like you, why not make your mornings a touch easier with Nespresso-compatible pods?
With our wide variety of coffee capsules, you're able to have a great coffee within moments – not to mention café quality, without fail. The idea of convenience and instant gratification has got all of us by a very short leash and for a fair reason. You deserve the best, which is why we provide great coffee at affordable prices so you don’t need a third job to enjoy a good cup of Joe.
On top of this, coffee pods have made coffee culture slightly more accessible for everyone. With flavours, grinds and beans from all over the world and locally sourced, there's no need to pay a premium for an overpriced coffee at a swanky café when you can enjoy one (or multiple) in the comfort of your own home. Be your own barista and whip up the perfect cup of coffee in a matter of minutes with Coffee Capsules Direct.
Nespresso Pods: Some Of The Figures
Nespresso pods were initially conceived by Eric Favre in 1975 while searching for the best espresso in Italy (and trying to develop a way to enjoy it anywhere in the world).
The undeniable popularity of Nespresso machines and pods serves as an indicator that they're doing something right. If you're wondering, Nespresso alone manufactures an estimated 14 billion capsules every year. These pods are sold in 84 different countries, from more than 810 different shops. This means that nearly 400 Nespressos are drunk every second!
With that being said, Nespresso pods themselves can be rather pricey. Coffee Capsules Direct has the answer to this financial dilemma in the form of Nespresso-compatible pods; sold in bulk at incredible prices. These Nespresso pods are compatible with the Original Line Nespresso machines, allowing you to whip up your own delicious blends at the push of a button and without breaking the bank.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Nespresso-Compatible Pods?
Our Nespresso-compatible pods are designed to function exactly as Nespresso pods do without the hefty price tag attached. This is done not by compromising flavour or aroma but rather by using slightly different materials to construct the pods. Original Line Nespresso machines heat water to 80°C maximum – which our Nespresso-compatible pods are designed to handle.
Are Nespresso Pods Bad For The Environment?
Nespresso pods are made of aluminium which is 100% recyclable and an amazing resource. There have also been multiple recycling campaigns recently that have found new and creative ways to use the coffee capsules after they have outlived their original purpose.
Moreover, our Nespresso-compatible coffee pods also come in a compostable range. Our Terbodore coffee capsules and Importers Eco-Friendly pods are both compostable.
What Is The General Price Per Pod?
We get this question frequently and the answer may surprise you. If you buy in bulk, the price per pod could be as low as R3.49! If you wanted to buy 10 capsules, the price per pod would equate to R4.50 each for some of our signature selection pods. This is not a bad price point, especially when the price of a coffee from a coffee shop is around 5 times that figure.
What Maintenance Does My Machine Require?
A clean machine makes good coffee, so we have a series of products available to ensure that your machine is squeaky clean and delivers the best possible blends, every time. We offer cleaning products for a variety of different pod machines and descaling tablets for your bean-to-cup coffee machine.
Why Is There A Delivery Charge?
We endeavour to keep our product prices as low as possible so that you get more bang for your buck. We do however utilise external, private courier companies for delivery which will directly affect delivery pricing. But don’t despair – we also offer free delivery to all main centres for orders of R500 or above!
Do The Nespresso-Compatible Pods Damage Machines?
No, they do not. The compatible pods are specially designed to fit into and function flawlessly with your Original Line Nespresso machine. If the lever is slightly harder to close on your Nespresso machine, this is due to the pod being seated in the correct position and is nothing to be concerned about. We are also confident enough to offer a money-back guarantee if you are not 100% happy with the product, with a few T&Cs.
Where Do Coffee Pods Come From?
While the coffee-making method differs depending on the brand, it is usually an 8-step process that gets your coffee from plant to pod:
- A good tropical climate is the key to great coffee. Warm temperatures and abundant rainfall make for the best coffee in the world. These are mainly found in South America, Asia and Africa but it is an ever-changing list with new farms and locations being added constantly.
- The flavour of your coffee is influenced by the soil, sun, water and care the farmers give to the plants while they grow which will impact the aromas and taste of the final product.
- Hand-picking the coffee fruit is a vital part of this process. Farmers are educated on the benefits of hand-picking and how to do it in a way that ensures the best final product.
- The fruit is then transformed into green coffee beans by removing the bean from the fruit using natural methods. These are generally broken down into wet and dry methods – wet methods will bring out the fruity tones of the beans whereas the dry methods will give the coffee a sweeter taste.
- After being transported and going through a few quality controls at a production facility, the blending begins. This is done by selecting certain beans from various regions for characteristics like differing aromas and pairing them with other beans. These are then combined to intensify these characteristics, with the help of science of course.
- Then, the beans are finally roasted. This step involves dehydrating the beans, allowing their flavours to fully develop. The heat causes the bean to expand which causes the caffeine content to increase, and flavour and aromas develop.
- The grinding process occurs in a deoxygenated environment to ensure that the aroma of the beans is maintained. The consistency of the grind also affects the taste of the coffee – finer ground beans will take longer to allow water to filter through meaning a full-bodied bitter taste.
- Last but not least, the ground coffee is sealed in aluminium capsules to ensure the coffee and its aromas remain fresh for up to 12 months.
About Coffee Capsules Direct
Coffee Capsules Direct was established in 2013 by Rowan and Judy – two absolute coffee fanatics, of course. The outrageous prices attached to good coffee were the catalyst for establishing Coffee Capsules Direct, created specifically so that they and everyone else would be able to enjoy a decent cup of coffee without having to take out a loan in the process.
Over the past decade, the Coffee Capsules team has worked to add more products to the store and cater for people with almost every kind of machine, not only Nespresso machines. So if you crave a good and convenient coffee, come and see if there is anything in our extensive range that piques your interest and tantalises your taste buds.