Come New Year, have you also set some resolutions for the year ahead? Chances are one of them is most likely to lead a healthier lifestyle, right? Drinking coffee has many benefits, but it could all depend on how we take our coffee to make it a beneficial beverage.Below are a few ways you could take your coffee if you’re looking to go a bit healthier!
- Straight black. Drinking black coffee may be bitter at first, but your taste buds do adapt. Black coffee has less than 10 calories per 240ml cup and is the healthiest way to enjoy your coffee.
- Almond milk. Using almond milk instead of regular dairy is a healthier alternative and still gives you good flavour!
- Coconut oil. It is said that coconut oil added to coffee increases energy levels, speeds up the metabolism and boosts the immune system.
- Honey. Using honey as an alternative to sugar is a much healthier option and good quality honey also contains antioxidants.
- Cinnamon. Adding cinnamon to your coffee is said to assist with blood sugar and insulin regulation, and it adds a pleasant taste!