Indulge your coffee-loving self in the tantalising goodness of a fresh cup of coffee, while savouring the delicious crunch of a freshly baked cookie, all at the same time! These coffee-infused treats are a unique and tasty snack, perfect for a quick nibble (or to serve to guests) along with a steamy hot brew.
We personally recommend using our Signature Range Medium Roast coffee, although a variety of our blends can be used to achieve your desired strength and flavour. The recipe can also be made without the use of cocoa powder, resulting in less of a chocolaty flavour in the cookie batter.
Ingredients:25 ml Medium Roast coffee (Ristretto, cup size setting)
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1 cup butter (softened)
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg yolk
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup white chocolate (melted)
- Process the coffee capsule through your coffee machine to create a Ristretto sized cup (25 ml). Add cocoa powder, stir and dissolve to create desired mocha flavour.
- In a large bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar into a light fluffy texture, beat in the egg yolk and coffee. In another bowl whisk the flour, cinnamon and salt, then gradually beat into the creamed mixture to form the cookie dough.
- Divide the dough in half, shaping each into a disk. Wrap each disk in plastic and refrigerate for 30 min or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 190 °C. Roll each dough portion on a lightly floured surface to 6.5 mm thickness. Cut with desired shaped cookie cutter (approx. 6 cm wide), and place each about 25 mm apart on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 10 - 12 min or until the edges begin to brown. Allow to cool on tray for 2 min and then move to wire rack to completely cool.
- Melt white chocolate in a saucepan placed in a pot of hot water (bain-marie). Pipe the melted chocolate onto cooled cookies or dip the cookies into the melted chocolate as desired. Decorate with chocolate sprinkles or dust with cinnamon or cocoa.
To Freeze: Transfer wrapped dough disks to a re-sealable plastic freezer bag and freeze. Thaw dough in refrigerator until soft enough for rolling. Prepare, baked and decorate as above.
Yield: Approx. 4 dozenoriginal blog found here