Learn to make a guilt free-ish Dark Mocha Mousse to treat your friends with or to enjoy all by yourself. You won’t want to share. Follow me… Now I know what you thinking. It’s September and you should be working on losing those kilos instead of putting them on. Summer is just around the corner right? Why don’t we consider this your cheat day and indulge in this delicious dark mocha mousse. I’ve bent your arm haven’t I?
Just in case you have a strong conscience we’ll make sure this recipe includes a few healthy ingredients so you can feel better about yourself. Now this recipe includes tofu, which you would have picked up on in the title. If you not a tofu lover trust me and give this a try it works out tasting great. Who knows, perhaps you’ll be converted.
You’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1x capsule of Dark Roast Coffee or any dark espresso type coffee to your liking
- 400g firm tofu
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence or pure extract
- ¾ cup of your favourite sweetener
- A pinch of salt
- 145g Dark chocolate (75% or higher)
Here’s how to prepare the mousse:
- Brew one cup of our signature collection Dark Roast Coffee capsules.
- Drain the tofu and let rest. Try to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Place the tofu, salt, sweetener, vanilla extract and coconut milk in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- While the food processor is busy add your coffee and melted dark chocolate. Blitz until all ingredients are combined.
- Lick the bowl and dream about your delicious accomplishment.
Creating your mousse with dark chocolate just adds that extra depth to your dish. The Dark Roast capsule from Coffee capsules direct finishes the taste off exceptionally well, but you are welcome to use any espresso type coffee to your liking. Browse our products for more amazing coffee blends.