These Truffles with their heavenly ganache centres and rich dark chocolate coatings are so delicious you’ll find yourself gobbling them up faster than you can dip them. Could there be anything better? Take your two favourite ingredients and make magic! A strong Cuban Coffee, add in a helping of chocolate ganache and roll into a creamy smooth Truffle…
This deliciously more-ish sweet is meant to be slowly savoured with a cup of your favourite Cuban Coffee, eyes closed and a smile of pure joy on your face… If there are any leftover, we suggest enjoying them as an after dinner delectable shared amongst your most special friends. Or if you’re feeling very generous, place a handful of Cuban Coffee Truffles in a pretty box and give it away as a Christmas gift.Ingredients:
- 300g of White Chocolate Chips
- A pinch of Salt
- 60ml Full Cream
- 4 Tbls Unsalted Butter
- 30ml Cuban Espresso Coffee from Coffee Capsules Direct
- 450g Dark Chocolate for dipping
- Firstly, prepare your Cuban Espresso Coffee: - Add 2-4 teaspoons of sugar to your espresso cup; depending on your taste. - Pour a short shot of espresso with the Estrela capsule in there and stir really well so it becomes a brown paste. - Since Cuban Coffee is quite strong, use an additional coffee capsule to pour a long shot in and stir until the sugar completely dissolves.
- Thereafter, place white chocolate chips, salt, heavy cream and butter in a glass bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove the bowl and using a spatula stir the mixture before placing it back in the microwave for a further 30 seconds. Repeat this process at 30 second intervals and as often as needed until the ganache is smooth and the chocolate chips have melted.
- Important to note: Be sure to stir the mixture every time the bowl is removed from the microwave as to ensure even heating so your chocolate doesn't seize.
- Once your ganache is smooth, use a spatula to stir the Cuban Espresso Coffee into the mixture.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap and place it aside for 3-4 hours to set.
- After your ganache has set, line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Use a tablespoon to measure your truffle centres and place each spoonful onto your wax paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour until chilled.
- Melt your Dark Chocolate.
- Remove the truffle centres from the refrigerator and using your hands, quickly smooth each spoonful into a ball.
- Using a spoon, dip the ganache balls into the melted chocolate and place on a clean wax paper to set.
- Finally, any leftover dipping chocolate may be used for decorating the truffles by drizzling the chocolate over the truffles with a small parchment icing bag.
These truffles may be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks however it is not likely they will last that long. Feel free to browse through a selection of coffee flavours, blends and roasts here at Coffee Capsules Direct. Click here for the original recipe.