A guilt-free, protein packed snack
These delicious espresso scones are the perfect grab-and-go snack to start (or end) your day!Serves: 6
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Italian Coffee Intenso
- 1/3 cup powdered egg whites
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup sifted coconut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husk powder** **You can substitute flax or chia meal if you’re looking for a Paleo-friendly recipe.
- Combine coconut oil, water, and honey and mix.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the ingredients from step 2 into the first bowl, mixing with an electric mixer.
- Place 6 evenly-sized scoops onto a lightly-greased baking sheet.
- Flatten the scoops into circles. They should be about ¾ in tall.
- Bake at 180º C for 20 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Store in the freezer.