Cappuccino Ice Cream can be served as a single dessert dish or paired with tiramisu for the crazy caffeine lovers.
Serves: 4 Preparation time: 20 minutes, excluding freezing time.Ingredients:
- 4 table spoons finely ground Italian coffee
- 4 egg yolks
- 115g light muscovado sugar
- 200ml milk
- 200ml double cream
- 50g plain chocolate, grated
- Put a Frozen Bowl in the freezer for 24 hours.
- Put the finely ground coffee in a cafetière then pour 230ml of boiling water over. Leave it for a few minutes to infuse and then strain it.
- In the meantime, whisk yolks and sugar together in a separate bowl. Place milk in a saucepan and until near boiling, then add whisk into egg mixture with the stained coffee.
- Do not boil the mixture, cook over gentle heat continuously stirring until it is slightly thickened. Remove from the heat completely; pour it in a bowl and leave to cool down. Then stir in the cream and let it chill.
- Pour in the coffee custard into the frozen bowl and stir until it mirrors whipped cream. Add the chocolate and then store in a plastic container and freeze overnight for best results or at least 30 minutes before serving
Feel free to browse through a selection of coffee flavours, blends and roasts here at Coffee Capsules Direct.