- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of organic coffee beans, freshly ground (you can also use dark roast capsules)
- 10 cardamom pods, crushed
- 2 star anise
- 500 ml of water
- 1/3 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/2cup of Kahlua
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of sweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
Chill whipping cream, and the bowl and wire attachment of your mixer.
In the meantime, mix organic coffee beans (ground), cardamom, star anise and 500 ml of water in a 1 liter pot. Simmer over very low heat until the liquid has reduced to half.
In the meantime, whisk the cream with the wire attachment at medium-high speed until it forms soft peaks (1 1/2 minutes). Add sugar and whisk until it forms firm peaks (2-3 mins).
Sieve coffee to eliminate solids. Mix with Kahlua and brown sugar, and split equally into 6 cups. Top with a swirl of cream, and sprinkle with cocoa and cinnamon.