This lavender-honey iced latte recipe welcomes spring by incorporating the floral aroma of lavender with sweet, organic honey. It makes a perfect occasion beverage to entertain family and friends and it also helps you to get your daily dose of antioxidants. This recipe makes one beverage but tastes so much better when it is shared with friends or family... So feel free to double up if you have company.This recipe consists of three main ingredients: lavender-honey syrup; coffee concentrate; and finally the lavender-honey iced latte.
Ingredients- Makes 250 g of syrup
- 2 teaspoons of fresh lavender flower (if you are using dried flowers you only need 1 teaspoon, cut.)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan, over low heat stir until sugar dissolves.
- Simmer the ingredients for 7 more minutes until the syrup coats the back of the spoon. Keep a close eye to avoid syrup from burning or boiling over. Mixture will thicken as it cools.
- Remove from the heat to cool. You can remove the lavender petals if you prefer a smooth drink. Allow the syrup to cool completely before using.
Ingredients- Makes enough concentrate for 4 lattes
- 1 cup of ground coffee
- 4 cups of cold water
- Add coffee to a French Press. Pour the cold water over the coffee, making sure that you soak all the grounds.
- Leave overnight or for 8 – 16 hours.
- Use the plunger on the French Press to strain the coffee.
- Pour the coffee concentrate into a container that can be sealed and stored in the refrigerator. Dispose of the used coffee grounds.
- Coffee concentrate can be stored for up to two weeks.
Lavender-honey iced latte
Ingredients- Makes 1 beverage
- 1 1/2 to 2 Tbsp of lavender-honey syrup
- 1/3 cup of coffee concentrate
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1/3 cup of ice
- Add the lavender-honey syrup to a glass.
- Pour the coffee concentrate and milk into the glass.
- Add ice to your liking.
- Stir the beverage and enjoy!