Doesn’t it look heavenly! And do you know what the best is about this summer recipe? It’s something your children will not steal from you because it requires a sophisticated adult taste and a deep love for coffee…and caramel. And the even better news is: It is very easy to make as only two ingredients are needed. Ice Cream and Espresso. Affogato is Italian for “drowned”, so literally what you get is delicious ice cream drowned in a shot of espresso.
- 2 delicious Salted Caramel Affogatos
- 2 Scoops of Salted Caramel Ice Cream - Häagen-Dazs® does a mean one - or choose your favourite ice cream flavour
- 2 Shots of freshly prepared espresso - we recommend using 2 of our Caramel Coffee Capsules.
- Amarula or Bailey’s (optional)
- Chocolate shavings or curls (optional)
- Scoop ice cream into two individual cups or short glasses
- Prepare espresso and pour over ice cream
- Add Amarula or Bailey’s if desired
- Sprinkle with chocolate