- 1 cup double-strength brewed coffee or espresso
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened natural cocoa powder, plus more for sprinkling
- 2-3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ⅛ tea spoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 ice cubes, if needed
Equipment:Ice cube tray
- Freeze coffee in an ice cube tray until firm, at least 4 hours or overnight. Combine the frozen coffee cubes, milk, cocoa, maple syrup to taste and vanilla in a blender. Pulse until smooth, adding plain ice cubes if you want it thicker or a little water if you want it thinner.
- Ready in 4 hours and 10 minutes
- Divide between 2 glasses, dust with a little cocoa powder, if desired, and serve immediately.
- This recipe makes 1 cup.