Hopefully you’ve been brushing your teeth and they are nice and strong for this fantastically sweet treat derived from the hearts of Cubans who love its silky texture. This deliciously creamy Cuban Coffee is also known as El Pecado, meaning decadently sinful.
Decadent layers of sweet Condensed Milk, Freshly Brewed South American Espresso from Coffee Capsules Direct, steamed Evaporated Milk, and topped with the perfect Full Cream Milky foam, turns coffee into the ultimate spoil. This creamy sweet delight allows for you to enjoy this drink as an after-dinner dessert.
You will need:
- 2 Tbls Condensed Milk
- 120 ml Freshly brewed South American Espresso available from Coffee Capsules Direct
- ¼ cup Evaporated Milk
- ¼ cup Full Cream Milk
- Optional: Cinnamon or Dark Cocoa
Cuban Coffee Espresso:
- Add 2-4 teaspoons of sugar to your espresso cup; depending on your taste.
- Pour a short shot of espresso with the Estrela capsule in there and stir really well so it becomes a brown paste.
- Since Cuban Coffee is quite strong, use an additional coffee capsule to pour a long shot in and stir until the sugar completely dissolves.
Layered Cuban Coffee:
- Fill the bottom of 250ml glass with the Condensed Milk.
- Tilt the glass slightly to the side, and slowly pour the hot Cuban Coffee Espresso over the Condensed Milk to create a second layer.
- Bring the Evaporated Milk to a simmer in a small saucepan, then slowly pour this liquid onto the espresso layer.
- Simmer the Full Cream Milk, then whisk the milk until frothy.
- Top off the glass with the beaten Full Cream milk.
- For added flavour, we suggest lightly dusting your El Pecado with either cinnamon or dark cocoa.