When the weekend approaches, you might find yourself looking for a fresh new drink to try out, or you would simply like to wind down after a hard day’s work. Either way, this delectably caffeinated espresso martini may just be the perfect way to sit back and relax.
Coffee is known to be infused with many beverages, so why not try out this espresso martini. Certainly a good idea if you feel like a special treat! It just works!
Here is how you shake up the perfect espresso martini (for ages 18+):
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 5 mins (plus cooling)
For Sugar Syrup:
- 100g castor sugar (if you have a sweet tooth)
- 50ml of water
For the Cocktail:
- 100ml of vodka
- 50ml of brewed espresso
- 50ml coffee liqueur (we used Kahlúa)
- 4 coffee beans for decoration (optional)
- Start by making the syrup. Put the castor sugar in a small pan over a medium heat and pour the water in. Stir, and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat off and allow the mixture to cool. Place two martini glasses in the fridge to cool.
- Brew your espresso and allow it to cool.
- Once the syrup and espresso has cooled, pour 1 tbsp into a shaker along with a handful of ice, the vodka, espresso, and coffee liqueur. Shake well, until the shaker feels nice and cold.
- Pour the mixture into your chilled martini glasses. Decorate each glass with coffee beans if you like.
- Enjoy your espresso martini!
See original recipe here.