Coffee toffee banana bread is the delicacy we didn't know we needed. The traditional banana bread is a delight on its own, but, throw in coffee and toffee?That's a whole new wonderful world of caffeinated delight!
This banana bread recipe doesn't require much more than the traditional one, aside from the coffee and toffee. Have fun with this new take on a classic!
- 1 cup (250 ml) mashed bananas - 2 to 3 very ripe
- ½ cup (125 ml) brewed coffee, used at room temperature
- 2 cups (500 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup (125 ml) unsalted butter, melted and used at room temperature
- ¾ cup (175 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2-3 tsp of toffee flavouring (or enough to taste)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) dried banana chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Grease a bread loaf pan
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir bananas with coffee.
- In another medium-sized bowl, whisk flour with baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, stir butter with sugar. Then stir in eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in banana coffee mixture, and also the toffee flavouring and vanilla essence.
- Gradually add flour mixture, stirring until blended.
- Turn into prepared pan, levelling as best as you can.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle banana chips (optional).
- Continue to bake until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean, about 20 more minutes.
- Let stand in pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Hot Tip! This bread is also delicious when served toasted, with a cup of coffee.
Let us know what you think of this exciting recipe! If you are in need of some coffee, then look no further.