So your dad is one of those people who like to do the healthy thing and grab a solid breakfast before starting his day. But this morning you will just surprise him with a treat; a Coffee Smoothie. This delicious way to get ahead of the day, is both healthy and energizing and is perfect as a breakfast on the go. Even better than both these things? It's really easy to make!
Ingredients for Coffee Smoothie
- 1 Banana - to bind the mixture and give it a thicker consistency. Banana is also high in Potassium.
- 1 Cup of Soy, Almond, or Regular milk - depending on your preference, you could use any type of milk.
- 1/4 Cup of Rolled oats
- 1 tsp of Honey - simply to sweeten the mixture
- 1/8 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp Flaxseed meal/powder
- 1 Cup of Espresso - Double Shot - Triple if it's going to be a long day of meetings and clients.
The greatest thing about this recipe is that your blender does all the work for you, giving you time to finish getting ready while your breakfast prepares itself. Chop up the banana into three pieces - just to let it fit in the blender and blend easier. Add in the oats, cinnamon, cocoa powder, Flaxseed meal/powder, honey, milk and coffee. Blend the mixture until the consistency is to your preference. Pour. Enjoy. Easy as that.
If you're looking for a place to purchase a good, delicious coffee, look no further than our online store! Here we have a wide range of coffee's for you to choose from, including a variety of Nespresso ® compatible coffee capsules from the Signature Collection, Premium blends, Flavoured Coffees, Red Espresso and more! Take a scroll through our website and make an informed decision about the kind of coffee you're going to use to kick-start your day!