A little cheer goes a long way, and so does a generous serving of delicious coffee mousse. Whip up this tasty coffee mousse, and you're bound to think lots of happy thoughts for sure. Follow the recipe below for a wonderful treat for yourself or to share with others.
Makes 2-4 servings.
- 60 ml strong and intense coffee
- A pinch of salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- 60 grams granulated sugar
- 225 ml whipped cream
- Brew your favourite coffee. The coffee should have a strong flavour to ensure you get that coffee kick and the full coffee experience with your dessert.
- Measure out 60 ml of the hot coffee and add a pinch of salt, then place in the fridge to cool.
- Once the coffee has cooled, mix the egg yolks with it and whisk thoroughly, then place back in the fridge.
- Add half of the sugar to the whipped cream and mix until firm.
- Using clean whisks, mix the coffee and egg yolk mixture in the whipped cream. Once done, wipe the whisks clean.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg whites with the leftover sugar until firm.
- Carefully fold the whipped cream mixture and the egg whites using a spatula.
- Serve the mousse in your favourite serving dishes/glasses. Divide the mousse mixture in the dishes/glasses, cover them and leave them in the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours.
- Use cocoa powder or chocolate shavings for that extra touch.