Are you looking to spoil your Mom for the upcoming Mother’s Day? With the extra time during lockdown, a more personal gift this year might be appreciated. This brilliant coffee muffin recipe comes from one mother to the other, our very own Tammy, and might just be the thing to put a smile on your Mom’s face too! Plus, the recipe includes your favourite ingredient, coffee and you’ll probably get to enjoy a few of the muffins yourself together with your Mom, the perfect win-win. The recipe is quite easy and enough for 12 muffins!
What you’ll need:
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 espresso shots, or any coffee of your choice.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 200° C.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- Combine milk and coffee in a medium-sized bowl.
- Mix in the eggs, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the large bowl of dry ingredients. Mix until all the flour is moistened. You don't want to over mix. Lumps are okay.
- Fill greased or lined muffin cups 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.